We were asked to pick an outcome out of the curriculum and create a rubric catered to this outcome.
Arts Education, Grade 1
The outcome I picked:
Create art works that express own ideas and explore different forms (e.g., painting, drawing, printmaking) and media (paint, found objects).
- Identify and explore many different colours in own surroundings and in art works, and identify red, yellow, and blue as primary colours.
- Identify and explore many different textures, shapes, and forms in own surroundings and in art works.
- Make size comparisons in own and others’ art works.
- Identify and represent top, bottom, front, back, and sides of objects.
- Recognize that what is seen of an object changes with different points of view.
- Describe own sources of ideas for art works, and discuss ideas in the art works of others such as picture book illustrations.
- Develop co-ordination and skills in using simple visual art tools and various materials/media.
- Make decisions about art media, tools, and paper size in creating a visual art expression.
The Rubric I Created Using Rubistar: